There are a number of important steps that can be taken to maximise the price of the business and to minimise the potential problems that can arise during the sale process. In consultation with your financial advisor or accountant we will ensure that your sale or acquisition of a business is both financially sound and tax effective.
Some of the areas where we can assist include:
- Discussing apportionment of price with your accountant;
- Advising on tax effective strategies for the sale;
- Advising on what conditions are normal and what should be avoided;
- Reviewing lease and contract documents;
- Reviewing employee issues and entitlements.
Early contact with us is also very important when buying a business. Once terms are agreed in principle it is very difficult to negotiate something else, even if the conditions are quite unfavourable. We can also help with:
- Advice on the appropriate structure – company, trust, etc;
- Shareholders’ agreements;
- Due diligence;
- Early review of proposed conditions of purchase;
- GST & stamp duty advice.
Contact us to arrange an appointment to discuss your business sale.